Temporary Changes During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We have implemented several changes to our office and procedures in order to limit exposure for our patients and staff . Here is what to expect:
- • All patients and staff will be required to wear a mask. Please bring one with you to your appointment. If you do not have one, one will be provided for you.
- • New patients will be asked to register online to decrease time spent in the office filling out paperwork.
- • Appointment times will be spaced farther apart to decrease the number of patients in the office at any given time.
- • If you have experienced any flu-like symptoms in the last 7 days or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 your appointment will be rescheduled.
- • Anyone accompanying you to your appointment must wait in the car. Exceptions will be made for minor children, an adult accompanying a minor child, or a translator.
- • We will be performing Optomap Retinal Scanning in lieu of dilation whenever possible to minimize your time spent in the office.
- • We will be postponing any contact lens classes and fittings for new contact lens wearers to the beginning of summer.
- • Wherever possible, equipment has been modified to incorporate breath shields.
- • Equipment and rooms will be thoroughly sanitized in between patients.
- • In the frame room, any frame that is handled by a patient or staff member will be collected and sanitized before being put back on display.
- • Pick-ups and drop-offs will be arranged by phone and we will continue to offer curb-side service.
We sincerely appreciate the chance to serve you and your family. Thank you for your cooperation and patience during these difficult times.